The main objective of this course is to master the knowledge necessary for managing a company in a situation where the goal is to strengthen its competitive position in the market. Additionally, students will acquire knowledge necessary to understand how a competitive position is built and lost (which is of primary importance for the selection of business activities and business branches). By mastering this course students will develop the ability of analytical and independent thinking in real situations from the business environment, supported by numerous examples from domestic and international business practice.
By mastering the course, the student will acquire the following subject-specific competences: basic knowledge and understanding of the concept of competitiveness, the ability to solve specific tasks related to the company business, and ability to set up basis for creating economic structure that would enable a more dynamic growth of exports from imports, the ability to relate knowledge from different areas of business management and their application, the ability to follow and use innovations in the field of business management in the broader sense and competitiveness in the narrow sense, the ability to develop skills and readiness in the use of knowledge in the field of improving competitiveness, both at the enterprise level and at the level of the entire economy, the ability to use information and communication technologies in mastering knowledge within the field business management.
• Modern/Contemporary concept of enterprise and business competitiveness;
• Principles of competitive advantage;
• Factors of competitiveness of enterprises and economy;
• Stages of development of competitiveness of the economy;
• Technology and competitive advantage;
• The role of the state;
• Clusters of related enterprises;
• Raising the competitiveness of the company and the industry;
• Increasing competitiveness as a strategic goal of the company;
• The role of the state in the process of improving competitiveness;
• Factors of competitiveness of Serbian enterprises;
• Experiences of other countries in raising the competitiveness of enterprises and the economy.
• Сase studies.
Porter E., (2007) Конкурентска предност, Asee Books, Нови Сад
Porter E., (1998) Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, Free Press, New York
Porter E., (2004) Competitive Strategy: Technicues for Analzying Industries & Competitors, Free Press, N. York Станковић Љ., Раденковић-Јоцић, Д., Ђукић, С., (2007) Унапређење пословне конкурентности, Економски факултет, Ниш
Theoretical training accompanied by solving practical tasks and case studies.