Course objective is the acquisition of specific knowledge and skills characteristic of financial markets and institutions and the application of acquired functional knowledge in practice. Course objective is that upon completion of the learning process students can define and describe the development, basic characteristics, principles of functioning and state regulation of financial markets (especially mortgage, lombard and foreign exchange markets), to spot and analyze the differences between the money market and the capital market, with a special focusing on the analysis of the differences between the aforementioned market segments in developed and developing countries. In addition, course objective is that students, after completing the learning process, can define participants, describe and analyze money and capital market instruments.
Upon completing the learning process within the course Financial Markets and Institutions, students will be able to:
• define the concept and describe the basic characteristics of modern financial markets;
• define the characteristics of financial institutions that operate in the context of modern financial markets;
• describe the differences between the basic segments of the financial markets;
• describe the differences between the characteristics of the money market and the capital market;
• define the basic instruments of the money market and capital markets;
• define the characteristics of mortgage, lombard and foreign exchange markets.
• The concept and development of financial markets;
• Concepts of money market and capital market;
• Basic characteristics and functioning of financial markets;
• Money market in countries in transition and developed market economies;
• Capital market in transition countries and developed market economies;
• Participants and instruments of the money market and capital market;
• State regulation of financial markets;
• Mortgage, lombard and foreign exchange market.
• Сase studies, seminar papers, discussions.
Вуњак, Н., & Ковачевић, Љ. (2012). Финансијска тржишта. Суботица: Економски факултет у Суботици.
Шошкић, Д. (2011). Финансијска тржишта и институције. Београд: Економски факултет Универзитета у Београду.
Ерић, Д. (2003). Финансијска тржишта и инструменти, друго измењено и допуњено издање. Београд: Чигоја – штампа.
Mishkin, F. S., & Eakins, S. G. (2005). Finansijske institucije i tržišta. Zagreb: MATE.
Case studies analysis, discussions, real-life examples from professional practice, presentation of seminar papers.