The objective of the course is to acquire basic knowledge about the business environment, to familiarize and explain its most important internal (operational) and external (micro and macro), market and non-market components, analyze their characteristics and understand their interconnections. Understand the importance of the business environment and the processes that are taking place in them, as well as the importance of institutions that direct these processes and evaluate the impact of inactivity of management in the organization, the operation of modern organizations and their development strategies.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• analyze and explain the connection between the organization and the economic, political, social, institutional, cultural and natural environment;
• identify the causes and evaluate the effects of this interactive relationship on company management in order to create a socially responsible business policy and development strategy of the organization;
• recognize changes and apply innovationsin the business environment;
• manage challenges and opportunities from an external environment;
• solve specific business problems arising from the influence of the public, social, political, economic and institutional environment.
• Business of modern organizations and internal and external, market and non-market business environment;
• Global business,the European Union and internationalization of business;
• Enterprises, legislative and political processes, interest groups and political strategies - lobbying;
• Processes and effects of state regulation, antimonopoly legislation, dilemmas of deregulation;
• Micro and macroeconomic environment, the role of technology and innovation and their impact on corporate governance;
• Natural environment and environmental protection, environmental protection costs and environmental management;
• Social and cultural environment, demographic trends and changes in the workplace - flexibility of the workplace, balance of business and private life, equal opportunity and diversified workforce;
• Social responsibility, corporate ethics of businesses and consumers, ethical business dilemmas;
• The company and the problems of employees in the workplace, abuse at work –bullying and harassment, gender, ethnical and age discrimination.
• Case study analysis, discussions, presentation and analysis of seminar papers.
Đurić-Kuzmanović, T. (2008). Poslovno okruženje. Novi Sad: Alfa-graf.
Đurić-Kuzmanović, T. (2004). Uvod u okruženje poslovanja. Novi Sad: VPŠ.
Đurić-Kuzmanović, T. (2005). Nova evropska ekonomija. Novi Sad: Sentgraf.
Baron, P. D. (2003). Business and its Environment, 3rd ed. Prentice Hall.
Vernon, H. (1998). Business and Society. A Managerial Approach, 6thed. Irwin-McGraw-Hill.
Studijeslučaja i članci u stručnim i naučnim časopisima, knjigama i na internetu.
Lectures are supported by modern learning and audio-visual aids. Active participation of students. Practice casses include: analysis of covered materials, debats, seminar papers, essays, case studies.