The objective of the course is to present, interpret, explain and illustrate a wide range of interrelated corporate finance management issues to students, focusing on key strategic, investment and operational financial decisions of the company, thus enabling them to acquire specific functional knowledge specific to business finance. The aim is to teach students how to use financial analysis and cash management models and techniques and to acquire functional knowledge of capital investment planning, as well as knowledge relevant to analyzing sources of financing and the price of capital.Students should acquire knowledge and skills that will enable them to link the implications of management decisions from the domain of financing and investment to the value of the company and the achievement of its strategic goals.
By successfully mastering Business Finance, students will be able to:
• independently carry out financial analysis, monitor and plan cash flows of enterprises;
• define the role of financial markets, evaluate instruments and the possibilitiesof securing funds in the financial market;
• analyze the key factors of managing working capital as well as the possibilitiesof increasing the efficiency by managing capital ;
• implement the methods of evaluating the effectiveness of investment projects;
• adequatelyestimatethe total amount of assets the enterprise should have, howlarge company should be and at what speed it should grow;
• decide in what form the company should keep its assets;
• define how the necessary funds should be financed, that is, what the composition of the financial structure should be.
• The subject matter, its relationship with other disciplines within the business economy;
• Financial analysis and planning of cash flows;
• Management of working capital;
Planning and assessment of the effectiveness of capital investments;
• Sources of financing and cost of capital.
• Problem solving tasks, seminar papers, discussions.
Иванишевић, М. (2012). Пословне финансије. Београд: Економски факултет у Београду.
Brigham , E. F., & Besley, S. (2015). Poslovne finansije – CFIN. Beograd : Data status.
Damodaran, А. (2007). Korporativne finansije-teorija i praksa. Beograd: Data status.
During the coursevarious forms of work will be combined, which include lectures, problem solving, discussion, analysis of characteristic cases, compulsory papers in which the student will do their own research. All forms of teaching, includinglectures, involve active participation of students.