The aim of the course is to explain the basics of packet communication networks, TCP/IP networking, network programming, packet switching architecture, network congestion control, QoS network, wireless communication.
Students will be able to understand and define basic concepts related to computer networks, and to apply and adjust basic network equipment and devices. They will also be able to understand basic data transfer techniques through communication channels and physical cables, as well as wireless data transfer.
• The emergence of computer networks, characteristics, types and users;
• Classification of networks by its usage;
• Network operating systems: protocol hierarchy, layout design, services;
• Phonebook, naming and Internet services;
• Network protocols: layered architecture; OSI and TCP/IP reference models;
• Network hardware basics;
• Examples of networks;
• Network standardization;
• Data protection online;
• Realization of the basic computer network;
• Wireless computer networks;
• Networking, concepts and application in practice.
Interactive work in a computer lab.
Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Рачунарске мреже, Микро књига, пето издање, 2010;
James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross, Computer networking : А top-down aproach, 4'th edition, Addison-Wesley 2007.;
Бигелоw С.Ј., Рачунарске мреже, Београд, 2004.
Lectures, work in the computer lab, presentations, discussions.