The main objective of the course is to provide students with knowledge about corporations and their management structures and processes. Developing good corporate governance practices is essential for companies that want to prosper in markets, gain additional capital, gain a competitive edge, and survive in the world of increasingly competitive challenges in a rapidly changing environment. In addition, this development is also interesting for countries that want to stimulate investment in the private sector, attract foreign investment and create the context of economic growth.
By mastering the course, students will gain knowledge and understanding about: the economic theories used in the analysis of the corporate governance system; various elements of the corporate governance system; the interdependence of internal and external corporate governance mechanisms; international differences in corporate governance systems; development and influence of the Code of Best Practice of Corporate Governance. They will also be able to critically analyse the concept of corporate governance and apply regulations from this field to companies, so that, when they become employees they are able to give their constructive contribution to improving solutions in this sphere.
• The concept and subject of corporate governance.
• Comparative-legal review of the business activity forms.
• Corporate governance systems and their convergence.
• Basic Theories of Corporate Governance.
• Internal mechanisms of corporate governance.
• External mechanisms of corporate governance.
• Social responsibility of companies.
• The role of owners/shareholders in the management.
• The Board (of Directors)/selection, competence, decision making.
• Senior management-Directors of companies.
• Control function in companies.
• Directors’ duties and their responsibilities.
• The change of the supreme management and corporate governance.
• The role of The Board (of Directors) in the takeover of companies.
• Managerial Entrenchment.
• Practice tasks, writing and case studies analyses and other forms of teaching.
Раденковић, Ј. Д., & Секулић, В. (2013). Корпоративно управљање. Ниш: Економскифакултет у Нишу.
Радовић, В., и други (2014). Корпоративно управљање за чланове управе привредног друштва. Београд: Привредна комора Србије, Међународна финансијска корпорација и Правни факултет у Београду.
Васиљевић, М. (2007). Корпоративно управљањe: правни аспекти. Београд: Правни факултет.
Типурић, Д., и сурадници, (2011) Промјене врховног менаџмента и корпоративно управљање, Синергија-накладништво д.о.о., Загреб.
Interactive method of teaching, lectures, analyses of case studies, discussions.