The main objective of the course is to enable students to acquire relevant theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of operational and strategic cost management by learning about: cost theory, traditional and modern cost accounting systems; planning, analysis and cost control; modern concepts of cost management.
By mastering the content of the course students will be able to gain:
• the basic knowledge and understanding of costs,
• the ability to charge costs using scientific methods and procedures,
• the ability to monitor and implement new cost accounting methodologies,
• the ability to analyse, plan and control costs,
• the ability to make business decisions based on cost analysis,
• the ability to strategically manage costs by using modern concepts.
• Enterprises’ costs - definitions and divisions.
• Costs and dynamics of production volume.
• Cost factors.
• Cost theory and price policy.
• Calculations of cost price.
• Business decision based on cost analysis.
• Contemporary and traditional cost accounting systems.
• Foundational basics of planning and cost control.
• Cost optimisation, profitability graph.
• Modern concepts of cost management.
• Solving the tasks, graphical representation of costs, examples of different cost calculations.
Ničić, M. (2011), Upravljanje i kontrola troškova- udžbenik. Novi Sad.
Ničić, M. (2011). Upravljanje i kontrola troškova-praktikum. Novi Sad.
Stout, D., Blocher, E., & Cokins, G. (2008). Cost Management a Strategic Emphasis, 4th edition. Boston: McGrow-Hill.
Wouters, M., Selto, F. H., Hilton, R.W., & Maher, M. W. (2012). Cost Management: Strategies for Business Decisions.
Studije slučaja i članci u časopisima, knjigama i na internetu.
Lectures and practice classes along with the active participation of students. Analysis of case studies, articles from the scientific journals and on the Internet. Discussions, direct application, seminar papers written by students.