The main objective of the course is to have students gain the ability to communicate verbally and express themselves in written form at the elementary level as well as to master the basic professional business terminology.
By mastering the content of the course the student will be able to:
• understand the essence and essential details of an articulate conversation and a brief monologue exposure in a private, business and public context,
• understand the general meaning and find the relevant information in the text about the usual, concrete topics,
• participate in a conversation or a short discussion on a variety of topics from everyday life,
• write simple texts about different aspects of his/her environment, personal letters and messages,
• use a number of frequency words, expressions and language structures,
• apply patterns of politeness.
• Topics: Name and profession, introducing yourself, family, weather and climate, work day, city, shop, languages and countries, flat, plans, vacation, culture, city transport, travel, hotel, kitchen, restaurant, telephone, biography.
• Grammar: Phonetics: pronunciation and the intonation, Morphology: nouns (forms and noun changes), adjectives (types, changes and comparisons), pronouns, numbers, verbs (infinitive, verb aspect, conjugations, verbs of motion, imperative). The lexis of the above-mentioned subject matter.
• Simulation of speech situations.
Černыšov, S. I. (2012). Poehali! Russkiй яzыk dlя vzroslыh (načalьnый kurs). Sankt-Peterburg: Zlatoust.
Golubeva, A. V., Zadorina A. I., & Ganapolьskaя, E. V. (1998). Russkiй яzыk dlя gostinic i restoranov (načalьnый kurs). Sankt-Peterburg: Zlatoust.
Laskareva, E. R. (2008). Čistaя grammatika. Sankt-Peterburg: Zlatoust.
Audio-visual materials are accompanied by the textbook and educational material available online.
Interactive teaching, independent and group work, pair-work.