The objective of the course is to enable students to gain basic knowledge in the field of entrepreneurial management in contemporary business conditions learning about: basic determinants and forms of entrepreneurial management: individual, corporate and public entrepreneurship; recognition of entrepreneurship in transition period; opportunities for self employment; key elements of project management; styles, knowledge and skills of entrepreneurial management.
After successfully mastering the subject matter, students will be able to:
• create preconditions for successful entrepreneurial management in conditions of concrete economic reality;
• to apply determinants and forms of entrepreneurial management;
• to find and identify sources of innovative opportunities;
• undertake entrepreneurial strategies;
• initiate and manage projects;
• approach restructuring in conditions of a dynamic environment;
• apply management styles according to the situation.
• Theoretical concepts of entrepreneurial management;
• Determinants and forms of entrepreneurial management;
• Individual, corporate and public entrepreneurship;
• Conditions for the development of entrepreneurial management;
• Types and forms of entrepreneurial management strategies;
• Implementation, evaluation and control of strategies;
• Innovations and innovativeness, as the basis of entrepreneurial management;
• Opportunities to run self business, key elements of initiation and project management;
• The characteristics and application of managerial and entrepreneurial management styles;
• Entrepreneurial management models and software.
• Case study analysis, discussions, presenting and analysing seminar papers.
Mariotti, S., & Glackin, C. (2015). Entrepreneurship & Small Business, 2 th ed. Pearson Education Limited.
Katz, J., & Green, R. (2014). Entrepreneurial Small Business, 4 th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irvin.
Hisrich, R. D., Peters, M. P., & Shepherd, D. A. (2011). Entrepreneurship, 7th ed. Irvin-McGraw-Hill (prevedno sedmo izdanje, izdavač Mate Zagreb).
Morris, M. H., Kuratko, D. F., & Covin, J. G. (2008). Corporate entrepreneurship and innovation, 2nd ed. Mason, Thomson South-Western.
Studije slučaja i članci u časopisima, knjigama i na internetu
Lectures and practice classes with the active participation of students,analysis of case studies, articles takenfrom journals and the Internet;discussions, seminar papers.