Course objective is to acquire basic knowledge about the development of the process of globalization, the different dimensions and consequences of globalization and the impact on the development of national economies. The consideration of the globalization of the world economy includes the analysis of the functioning of the institutional carriers of this process: the World Trade Organization (WTO), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank (WB). Knowledge from this course enables the student to recognize the causes and consequences of financial crises and use that knowledge to analyse basic macroeconomic processes. It will also provide an insight into the controversy of this process and arguments for and against globalization, from the perspective of their advocates.
On the courseGlobalization, students acquire knowledge and competencies that will be enable them to:
• identify the characteristics of the functioning of the world market in conditions of globalization and its perspectives;
• define the determinants of the globalization process and analyze their impact;
• analyze the impact of transnational companies (TNCs), foreign direct investment (FDI), and information and communication technologies (ICT) in the establishment of the world market;
• explain the impact of the institutional carriers of the globalization process (WTO, WB, IMF);
• recognize the causes and consequences of financial crises;
• present and analyze the positive and negative consequences of the globalization process (technology transfer, the gap between the rich and the poor, etc.);
• identify factors of competitiveness of national economies in the global economy;
• explain the impact of globalization on the national economy.
• Theoretical and methodological approach to the research of the globalization process;
• Economic aspects of the globalization process;
• Globalization determinants;
• Transnational companies as promoters of foreign direct investment and globalization;
• Globalization of financial markets;
• Globalization and the global economic crisis;
• Globalization and economic inequalities;
• Institutional carriers of globalization;
• Positioning national economies in the conditions of globalization;
• Regionalization of the national economy in the conditions of globalization;
• Impact of globalization on the economy of the Republic of Serbia.
• Case study analysis;
• Seminar papers.
Gregori, P. R., i Stjuart R. S. (2015). Globalna ekonomija i njeni ekonomski sistemi. Beograd: Ekonomski fakultet.
Čomski, N. (2016). Ko vlada svetom¬? Novi Sad: Akademska knjiga.
Štiglic, DŽ. E. (2002). Protivrečnosti globalizacije. Beograd: SBM-x.