The main objective of the course is to introduce students to the various types of threats to security breaches with which modern information systems are encountered as well as methods and techniques that allow the level of security of information to be raised to the greatest extent possible and that appropriate inspections are carried out in case of security breaches.
Students will be able to anticipate and detect possible threats to information system security and to use modern methods and techniques for its protection.
• Information security
• Computer networks and telecommunications
• Threats to the security of information systems
• Malicious attacks and software
• Access control methods and privacy
• Methods of physical security of information systems
• Risk management and security
• Information Systems Security Management
• E-commerce and security
Kim D., Solomon M. (2013), Fundamentals Of Information Systems Security, Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2 edition
Vacca J. (2013), Computer and Information Security Handbook, 2/E, Morgan Kaufmann
Ghosh A.K. (2001): Security and Privacy for E-Business, John Wiley & Sons, New York
Lectures, using modern audio-visual equipment and active participation of students. Practice classes involve: the analysis of the content taught, practical work on computer in small groups and practical application of knowledge, seminar papers, case studies.