The main objective of the course Leadership is to introduce students to the basic concepts of leadership, its importance for work in the organization, similarities and differences between managers and leaders, leaders and followers, as well as organizational specifics related to the emergence of leadership in organisations.
By mastering the content of this course, the student will be able to:
• recognize and apply management techniques, problem-solving and decision-making,
• recognize and evaluate the sources of power and factors that influence the achievement of leadership.
• The notion and importance of leaders and leadership.
• Leaders and managers.
• The relationship between leaders and followers.
• Personality of the leader and behavior of the leader.
• Theoretical approaches to leadership.
• Classical approaches to leadership.
• Modern approaches to leadership.
• Games of power and leadership power
• Leadership problem-solving.
• Leadership decision-making.
• Leadership and change.
• Women and leadership.
• Emotional intelligence in leadership.
• Practice tasks, independent and group work of students, analysis of examples from practice, seminar papers, oral presentations on a given topic.
Northaus, P. (2008). Liderstvo – teorija i praksa. Beograd: Data status.
Pierce, J., & Newstrom, J. (2010). Leaders and the Leadership Process – Readings, Self-Assessments & Applications. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
Grubić-Nešić, L. (2008). Znati biti lider. Novi Sad: AB Print.
Bedberi, S. (2009). Novisvetbrendova: 8 principa da postignete brend liderstvo u 21. veku. Mass Media International.
Goleman, D., Bojacis, R., & Maki, E. (2008). Emocionalna inteligencija u liderstvu. Novi Sad: Adižes.
Analysis of examples from practice, seminar papers, oral presentations on a given topic.