The main objective of the course is to acquire basic knowledge about the way in which all enterprises, as important economic segments, operate in tourism and which greatly contribute to the development of national economy and economics. Students will be given basic guidelines in the management system at the level of tourism and hospitality companies. Tourism and hotel management are the economic enterprises of the tertiary sector whose functioning presupposes the existence of adequately educated and professional staff all of which can greatly contribute to the understanding of this course. Thus, generations of professional economists focused on the tourism sector will master all the strategies for managing all segments of tourism companies, which naturally subsumes human capital in their framework.
By mastering the content of the course students will be able to: identify and define basic concepts in the tourism and hotel business, to establish the systematization of certain objects in tourism business, to recognize the structure of the hospitality industry, to use methods and strategies for planning and managing tourism development, to apply legal relations in tourism and hotel business, involve in the human resource management system and quality management as well as to identify the characteristics and structure of services in hospitality. The purpose of studying this course is to educate a generation of students who will be fully prepared to apply their knowledge in the practice of certain tourist companies and thus to ensure the extent to which systemic management of all segments of tourism companies contributes to the development of the entire economy and the creation of a positive economic effect.
• Global aspects of tourism development in the world and characteristics of the tourism market.
• Types and division of travel agencies and tour operators.
• Organising trips (arrangements, brochures).
• Consumer protection and contractual relations between agencies and service providers.
• General approach to hospitality industry; hotels and hospitality.
• Hotel sales and reception business.
• Management and behavior of people in hospitality industry.
• Management planning in the hospitality industry.
• Marketing strategy of hotel and tourism product placement.
• Management of business results of tourist companies .
• Organisation and techniques of providing services.
• Seminar papers, case studies, field practice through visits to specific tourism and hospitality companies.
Spasić, V. (2014). Poslovanje turističkih agencija i organizatora putovanja. Beograd: Univerzitet Singidunum.
Čačić, K. (2014). Poslovanje hotelskih preduzeća. Beograd: Univerzitet Singidunum.
Hrabovski, T. E. (2008). Menadžment u turizmu. Sremska Kamenica: Fakultet za uslužni biznis.
Lectures, practice classes, interactive teaching using modern audio-visual equipment, article analysis and case studies analysis from journals and on The Internet.