The main objective of the course Tourism Destination Management is to highlight the fact to the students of the economic profile that space at the global, regional and national level is the basis for the tourist development and diversification of tourist movements. Then, the objective is to introduce students to the development of specific tourist destinations and their spatial features and main roles in the development of tourism of a certain area. Furthermore, the aim is to familiarize students with a business strategy at the level of a particular destination, where the management system of operations implies all levels from the initial to the last regarding full control of the quality and success of such a business. These are the key strategies that bring destination tourism to the level when positive effects are noticed on the overall and national economy.
By mastering the content of the course students will be able to:
• recognize and demonstrate management strategies in the development of a tourist destination,
• apply procedures for planning, organising, managing and controlling processes in the development of the destination as a tourist product,
• identify the potentials and spatial features of tourist destinations, the main features of the tourist market, the possibilities of customizing tourist destinations for the development of specific tourism products,
• use the latest technologies for the development, promotion and presentation of tourist destinations,
• recognize the current state and choose directions for further study and consideration of the problem of the development of tourist destinations at domestic and global level, which is the final outcome of this course.
• Significance and role of tourism in global development and current trends.
• Tourist destination and importance of management for its development.
• Spatial aspects of the development of a tourist destination.
• Evolution of the tourist destination.
• Space and tourism.
• Assessment of tourist potentials of the destination and planning of space.
• Sustainable development of tourist destination.
• The concept and characteristics of the tourist market.
• Application of marketing in a tourist destination.
• Integrated Quality Management in Tourism.
• Risk management in a tourist destination.
• Tourist destination branding.
• Using modern technology.
• Analysis of case studies, seminar papers, field practice.
Lectures and practice classes through active participation of students. Analysis of real-life business-related problems, found on the Internet by using modern audio-visual equipment. Occasional application of theoretical knowledge on the terrain and in practice.