The objective of the course is familiarize students with the basic characteristics of modern products of information and communication technologies as well as the possibilities of their application in different business systems. In addition to computer hardware knowledge, students will learn what the possibilities offered by software products for solving information needs are in modern business. The objective of the course is to enable students through practice tasks to use basic and advanced functions of text processors, table processing programs and programs for making presentations.
By mastering the contents of the syllabus, students will be able to:
• identify and select products of information and communication technologies that would adequately meet the needs of a specific business system;
• analyze and identify the information needs of certain business processes and, on the other hand, propose and find hardware and software solutions that will provide the business system with a competitive position on the market;
• use basic tools in the field of office business automation.
• Information technology and trends in its development;
• Computer history;
• Computer system architecture;
• Computer types;
• The importance and types of computer networks;
• Internet, intranet and extranet;
• Security and privacy of computer systems;
• System and application software;
• Development of modern programming languages;
• Information systems.
• Sase studies
Marčićević Ž., & Marošan Z. (2010). Primena informacionih tehnologija. Novi Sad: Visoka poslovna škola strukovnih studija.
Marošan Z., & Vesin, B. (2009). Primena informacionih tehnologija, praktikum. Novi Sad: Visoka poslovna škola strukovnih studija.
Parsons, J. (2016). New Perspectives Computer Concepts 2016 Enhanced, Comprehensive 19th Edition. Cengage Learning.
Williams, B., & Sawyer, S. (2015). Using Information Technology 11edition. McGraw-Hill.
Lectures are supported by modern learning and audio-visual aids . Active participation of students.Practice classes include: analysis of the covered materials, work on computers in small groups and direct application of knowledge, seminar papers, case studies.