Course objective is to enable students to acquire knowledge necessary to plan and make decisions in the field of acquiring and disposing of financial assets needed for starting and running a small or medium enterprise. Course objective is for students of specialist studies to improve their knowledge in the field of small and medium-sized enterprises financing, to improve their knowledge in the field of entrepreneurial finances and to be able to choose optimal sources of financing when it comes to small and medium enterprises.
Upon completing the course Small and Medium EnterprisesFinancing, the student will be able to:
• explain the specificity of small and medium-sized enterprises financing when it comes to capital needs, but also stages in the life cycle of enterprises;
• explain and analyze the available sources of funding in developed countries and in the Republic of Serbia,
• assess all alternatives and make the best financial decision based on company needs and available financial resources.
• Theoretical and methodological fundamentals of the financing of the SME sector;
• Sources of financing for small and medium-sized enterprises (owned and borrowed);
• Own funds;
• Borrowed sources (microcredits, commercial bank loans, leasing, factoring, forfeiting);
• Alternative sources of financing (venture capital, mezzanine, business angels, private investment funds);
• Emission of shares as a form of financing;
• Guarantees and the role of guarantee funds;
• Financing of small and medium enterprises in Serbia;
• Developmental national support programs (public financial institutions, state support);
• International financial support programs for small and medium-sized enterprises.
• Case study analysis.
Erić, D., i ostali (2012). Finansiranje malih i srednjih preduzeća u Srbiji. Beograd: Institut ekonomskih nauka i Privredna komora Srbije.
Scarborough, N. (2012). Effective Small Business Management. An Entrepreneurial Approach. International Edition: Pearson Education.
Stokes, D., & Wilson, N. (2006). Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship. Cengage Learning EMEA.
Lectures are supported by modern learning and audio-visual aids. Active participation of students. Practice casses include: analysis of covered materials, debats, seminar papers, case studies.