Strategic Management deals with company’s management in the conditions of the so-called "imperative to change". By acquiring knowledge from the field of strategic management, managers are trained to achieve goals in constantly changing conditions. The focus of strategic management is to achieve competitive advantage. The process of strategic management consists of stages of formulation, evaluation and implementation. Therefore, the main educational goal is to familiarize students with this process. In order to achieve this, it is necessary that students understand the postulates of a proactive approach in management, to get acquainted with modern managerial concepts and tools used in the strategic management process, as well as possible ways of using strategic resources. Since strategic management is a practice-oriented discipline, the realization of these educational goals will be marked by efforts to prove practical application of acquired knowledge and skills.
Students are expected to receive the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of strategic management and master relevant skills that will enable them to successfully face the problem of aligning the company's potential with changing environmental requirements. Since the main goal of strategic management is to increase the value for the owners by using the strategy and the accompanying planning decisions (projects and business plan, before all), special emphasis will be placed on knowledge and skills necessary to manage the process of value creation.
• From management to strategic management: Conventional management; Strategic control; Value management;
• Logic of Strategic Management: The nature and process of strategic management; Prediction as a prerequisite for strategic management; General environment analysis; Competitive environment analysis; Internal environment analysis;
• Strategy formulation: Stable growth strategies; Acceleration growth strategies; Diversification strategies; Generic business-level strategies; Growth method; Rhythm of growth; Investments; Financing growth;
• Evaluation of strategy: Estimating value; Essential elements of evaluating the strategy;
• Implementation of strategy: Strategy-led organization; IT support for strategy-led oranisation;
• Use of strategic resources: Human resources; Technology; Research & Development; Marketing; Production; Logistics; Quality.
• Case studies.
Божић, Д., Богданов, Н., & Шеварлић, М. (2011). Економика пољопривреде. Београд: Пољопривредни факутет.
Влаховић, Б. (2011). Тржиште и маркетинг пољопривредно-прехрамбених производа. Нови Сад: Пољопривредни факултет.
Закић, З., & Стојановић, Ж. (2008). Економика аграра. Београд: Економски факултет.
Јанковић, С. (2009). Европска унија и рурални развој Србије. Београд: Институт за примену науке у пољопривреди.
Lectures, practice classes, discussions regarding student papers.