The aim of the course is to gain basic knowlede in the field of Consumer behaviour. Marketing activities begin and end with the consumer, so it is highly important to learn about research methods which can be used to predict consumer behavior of existing and potential consumers in the market and to realize the complexity of the decision-making process of consumers and industrial customers about purchasing. Knowledge about consumer behavior is continuously growing and improving, which requires creation of new and modification of existing marketing strategies.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• identify and explain the needs and motives of consumers;
• identify and analyze internal and external factors that significantly shape and influence consumer behavior;
• apply acquired knowledge when choosing an appropriate marketing strategy tailored to the wishes and needs of consumers;
• Consumers in marketing research;
• Research needs and motives of consumers;
• The determinants of consumer behavior;
• Sociological determinants of consumer behavior;
• Consumer purchasing decision making ;
• Industrial buyer behaviormotives;
• Consumerism and Consumer Protection;
• Exercises, presenting a case from business practice on consumer behaviour;
• Individual and group case study analysis;
• Other forms of teaching.
Maričić, B. (2011). Ponašanje potrašača. Beograd: Ekonomski fakultet Beograd.
Babin, B. J., & Harris, E. G. (2012). Ponašanje potrošača. Beograd: Data status.
Kovač-Žnideršić, R., & Marić, D. (2007). Društvene determinante ponašanja potrošača. Subotica: Ekonomski fakultet Subotica.
Presentation ofexamples of consumer behavior from real-life business practice, individual and group work on the analysis of case studies.