The main objective of the course is to understand the impact of human activities on the environment as well as important issues relating to the use of key natural resources, with the aim of getting acquainted with the application of economic and environmental protection measures, both consequential and preventive.
By mastering the content of the course Ecological Management students will be able to:
• use critical thinking about economic and ecological issues of using natural resources,
• sharpen the ability to perceive the negative impacts that business may have on the environment,
• learn about the possibilities and ways to alleviate and solve existing environmental problems, or be more willing to deal with the future ecological challenges.
• Sustainable development.
• Economy and the environment.
• The economics of externalities.
• Resources - economic valuation.
• Natural capital.
• Accounting for natural resources.
• Public goods and common resources.
• Climate change.
• Green technologies and recycling.
• Waters and air.
• Land and forest.
• Energy efficiency and green energy.
• Learning by using the shining examples (watching movies on ecological topics, monitoring the actions of local ecological associations, reading popular ecological literature, getting acquainted with new scientific achievements from environmental consultations, visits to nearby eco-houses and farms).
Đukić, P., & Đukanović, S. (2015). Održivi razvoj: ekonomsko-ekološki izazovi. Beograd: Tehnološko-metalurški fakultet.
Đukanović, S. (2014). Ekološka energetika. Beograd: AGM knjiga.
ECOLOGICA, časopis Naučno-stručnog društva za zaštitu životne sredine, Beograd.
Lectures and practice classes, interactive teaching followed by the team work of students, visiting lectures of experts.