Due to the fact that it is increasingly difficult for organisations (companies) to achieve profitability in contemporary market conditions, it is necessary to replace traditional marketing with a modern, more comprehensive, more complex approach to the overall business. The issues that today constitute the essence of marketing are directed towards four important segments which at the same time comprise areas of holistic marketing, such as: integrated marketing (marketing mix instruments), internal marketing (marketing department, management and other departments within the company), socially responsible marketing (directed towards the environment, community, law, ethics, etc.) and marketing relations (directed towards consumers, partners and all other stakeholders). By using this approach the company becomes a value for consumers and at the same time consumers while experiencing satisfaction and loyalty become a value for the company. In this way the profitability and competitive advantage of companies is gained which in contemporary conditions is a challenge in the global, national and local market. The objective of studying this complex scientific discipline is that students acquire theoretical and practical knowledge in order to be ready in real conditions to have a holistic approach to whole business.
By mastering the content of the course, students gain competence related to:
• analysis of the existing situation within the organization and the environment,
• creating and implementing a wide range of marketing activities,
• making decisions from all marketing segments, which will ensure the effectiveness of various marketing activities, which will undoubtedly contribute to profitable operations and long-term sustainable development of the company.
• Phenomenology of marketing.
• Segmentation, targeting and positioning.
• Consumer behavior.
• Marketing information system and marketing research.
• Product, price, promotion and distribution.
• Implementation and control of marketing.
• Ethical dilemmas in some segments of marketing.
• Practice tasks, seminar papers, case studies.
Salai, S., & Kovač Žnideršić, R. (2010). Marketing. Novi Sad: Alfa-graf NS.
Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2016). Principles of Marketing, Global Edition, Sixteenth Edition. Pearson Education Limited.
Jovičić, D., & Salai, S. (2011). Poslovno komuniciranje. Novi Sad: Visoka poslovna škola strukovnih studija.
Kotler, P., & Keller, K., (2012). Marketing management. Boston: Pearson.
Practice classes, seminar papers, analyses of case studies.