The main objective of the course is to enable students to understand the basic characteristics of multimedia objects and systems. Acquiring knowledge and skills in order to use tools and multimedia technologies in integrating multimedia objects with web artifacts.
By mastering the content of the course students will gain the basic knowledge and skills needed to use tools and multimedia technologies.
• Introduction to multimedia
• Multimedia elements: digital text, hypertext, hypermedia
• Vector and raster graphics, development tools
• Basic multimedia technologies – a picture
• Electronic sound – digitalization of sound (modulation)
• Video, digitalization of video and virtual reality
• Video encoding, animation, compression and decompression methods
• Multimedia Communications and Networking
• Distributed multimedia systems
• Directions of multimedia development
Work on the use of multimedia technologies.
D. Starčević, V. Štavljanin, Multimediji, FON, Beograd, 2013.
D. Cvetković, D. Marković, N. Savanović, Multimedija, Singidunum, Beograd, 2015.
Havaldar, P., Medioni, G. (2010), Multimedia Systems: Algorithms, Standards, and Industry Practices, Boston, MA: Course Technology, Cengage Learning, 2010.
presentation of teaching material, demonstration, programmed teaching and practical work with the computer