The main objective of the course is to introduce students to the national economic development, the factors that determine it, the institutional reforms of the economic system, structure and functioning of the Serbian economy, as well as the creation and management of economic policy and its impact on the living standard of the population and consumer expenditure.
By mastering the content of the course students will be able to:
• consider the totality of the economic reality of our country, regarding the unity of economic growth, structural changes and functioning of the economy;
• analyse the basic factors of the growth and development of the national economy and its cyclical motion;
• define indicators of the level of development of the national economy and predict economic phenomena and problems in the concrete industry.
• Macroeconomic approach to the study of the national economy;
• Macroeconomy in the long and the short term (the model of aggregate demand and supply);
• Investments and investment policies in development of the national economy;
• Typical developmental periods of the national economy;
• Basic concepts and strategies of development of the national economy in the future;
• Development of the economic system in the national economy;
• Regional aspect of the national economy development;
• Theoretical approach to basic potentials of the national economy development;
• State, transition and Serbia - world experience and national challenges;
• National economy in the sense of globalization and international investment.
• Practice tasks and other teaching methods, study research. Students are obliged to take one mid-term exam and write one seminar paper.
Mankju, N. G. (2013). Principi ekonomije. Beograd: CID, Ekonomski fakultet Beograd.
Đurić, D., Tomić, R., & Đorđević, M. (2012). Nacionalna ekonomija. Novi Sad: Alfa-graf.
Devetaković, S., Jovanović-Gavrilović, B., & Rikalović G. (2016). Nacionalna ekonomija. Beograd: CID, Ekonomski fakultet Beograd.
Rosić, I., & Đurić, D. (2008). Nacionalna ekonomija. Kosovska Mitrovica: Ekonomski fakultet Priština-Kosovska Mitrovica.
Đurić- Kuzmanović, T. (2007). Nacionalna ekonomija. Novi Sad: Alfa-graf.
Lectures, using modern audio-visual equipment and active participation of students. Practice classes involve: analysing areas covered in lectures, analysing real-life business-related problems and various case studies, analysing newspaper articles and research papers from the Internet, role-plays, debates, analysing students’ essays and seminar papers.