The aim of the course is to acquire basic knowledge in the field of theory and practice of rural tourism. To get acquainted with basic concepts in the field of rural tourism, learn about natural and social resources for the development of rural tourism, and development practices in the country and the world. Understand all the advantages of tourism development for rural areas, as well as limitations of the development of this particular form of tourism in rural areas.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• define basic concepts in the field of rural tourism;
• assess the resource base for the development of rural tourism;
• recognize and evaluate the advantages, i.e. the benefits of developing this type of tourism for the rural population and the individual, and the rural economy as a whole;
• identify limiting factors in the development of rural tourism;
• propose an appropriate strategy for the development of rural tourism.
• Tourism and special forms of tourism;
• The importance and the concept of rural tourism;
• Rural tourism and sustainable development;
• The development and current level of rural tourism in Serbia;
• The main determinants of rural development in our region;
• The quality of services in rural tourism;
• Travel destination management in rural tourism.
• Seminar papers;
• Work placement.
Штетић, С., & Тодоровић, М. (2009). Рурални туризам. Београд.
Пејановић, Р., Његован, З., & Тица, Н. (2007). Транзиција, рурални развој и аграрна политика. Београд.
Lectures and practice classes with the active participation of students. Analysis of the real life situations in practice, using the Internet and audio-visual equipment.