The main objective of the course is to introduce students to a wide and complex category of the quality in tourism (tourism and hospitality enterprises), as a special segment of business tourism. The literature highlights the importance of the category of quality and essential processes in the process of quality management in the development of tourism and tourism products. The course is also aimed at familiarizing students with certain models of determining the level of quality of tourist and hotel services, and therefore students will get acquainted with further procedures of control and preventive measures in case of shortcomings in certain parts of the quality of services.
By mastering the content of the course, students will be able to recognize all the challenges by using their theoretical and practical knowledge and react adequately to the resulting changes in business tourism, to become proactive, enterprisingly oriented economists and managers with the traits of the leaders. By studying at this course, students will successfully accept and apply all quality determinants, thereby confirming the impact of quality on achieving economic effects in the tourism industry. Students will be able to adopt and apply different models and standards of business operations in order to achieve quality of services, and of course they will be fully involved in the research of the tourism market, which includes research on the behavior of tourist consumers. The final outcome should result in the complete theoretical and practical application of quality control by students, monitoring the overall quality of the business, and therefore the establishment of a service or a tourism product on the market.
• The basic characteristics of services in tourism and hospitality;
• Tourist services in the form of basic, formal and enlarged elements;
• Quality as a market category and key quality determinants;
• Technical and functional dimensions of quality.
• Measurement of the quality of tourist services through the SERVQUAL model.
• The participation of consumers in the potential, processing and in the phase of the results of the provision of tourist services.
• Satisfying different needs of tourist consumers as an element of quality.
• The analysis of quality failures of tourist and hotel services.
• Approaches to quality management.
• The content of the TQM concept in tourism and hotel services.
• The history of the quality concept and standards of the series ISO 9000 and ISO 9004 .
• The application of benchmarking in tourism services.
• The strategy of the customization and positioning of tourist services.
• Content, importance and types of control in tourist services.
• The analysis of case studies, seminar papers, field teaching (visit to tourist companies).
Kosar, LJ., & Đurišić, B. (2010). Menadžment kvaliteta u hotelijerstvu. Visoka hotelijerska škola.
Barjaktarević, D. (2013). Upravljanje kvalitetom u hotelijerstvu. Beograd: Univerzitet Singidunum.
Kosar, LJ., & Rašeta, S. (2005). Izazovi kvaliteta. Beograd.
Ćosić, M. (2007). Upravljanje kvalitetom turističkih usluga. Beograd: Čigoja štampa.
Lectures, practice classes, interactive method of teaching by using modern audio-visual equipment, writing and class presentation of seminar papers, analysis of articles and case studies from journals and on the Internet.